• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pietta Remington NMA Twist

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodwha

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I was just looking at the specs on Pietta models and noted they state the twist rate is 1:30”. My 2012 or 13 Sheriff’s model is 1:16”. Did they change it or not update info when they retooled?

I think they make them to specification. I seen them with the twist called "gain twist" . I have an old Navy Arms-Replica Arms Pietta. I need to check it again, but I think the rifling is counter clockwise?

My ASP NMA is 1-30 as was the 1858 Target I bought (and since sold).

The ROA and the 47 Walker are 2/3 that (would have to look but maybe 1-18). I found it odd that there was that much difference.

My ASP NMA is 1-30 as was the 1858 Target I bought (and since sold).

The ROA and the 47 Walker are 2/3 that (would have to look but maybe 1-18). I found it odd that there was that much difference.
Ruger used the .45 Colt barrels so the twist should be 1:16”.

Just checked one of their sheriff's models. The barrel has skinny narrow lands (not like the older style rifling) and a visually faster twist. Date code says 2019.

Ps,
The chambers on that sheriff's model are the usual .446"-.447" diameter.
Perhaps I'll get it's two cylinders done with the .452" diameter steps, depth selected for use with a particular round nose or semi-wadcutter mold.
Hey, just had a thought...
A gas check designed mold could have the gas check base diameter enlarged to provide an interference fit on the .446" part of the chamber and that would also provide a positive position stop so that each chamber's bullet loading was exactly the same.
And I just remembered, I think there's a #450229 bullet mold around here that is already pretty much of the right dimensions for such a project.
450229.2.jpg

Latest posts

Back