• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pillow Ticking

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to Wal-Mart today looking for #40 Drill Cloth, but they didn't know anything about it. So I bought some natural color pillow ticking. It looked like the same weave as the red and blue striped. It mikes about the same as my blue stripe, .018/.019. Anyone else tried the natural color.

Robert

I bought some of the natural color pillow ticking at a Hancock Fabric Store several years back. I saw no difference between it and the blue striped pillow ticking. Be sure and wash and dry it first, of course, to remove the dad-blamed sizing in it.
:results:

Rocky Point Jack

There are 2 diff weights of ticking at Hancocks or Joanns ones is pillow ticking (thinest), and one is mattress ticking (thickest)
Halfstock

I just bought the last of the heavy pillow ticking at JoAnns Fabrics. The heavy ticking is being discontinued. They will continue to carry the lighter ticking. I don't know if this is just a regional decision.

Thanks for the replies. I think that what I bought at Wal-Mart is the same thickness as the Blue and White that I have been useing.

Robert

Back