• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pin size question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget to elongate the pin holes thru the barrel tenons.

You don't need to worry about the holes in the ramrod thimbles or the trigger guard tangs but the barrel and stock wood will move with humidity and temperature changes and the pins need to have room to move forward and aft.

I always want my hole in the metal object just barely larger than the hole in the wood. Why ? Because that metal hole could guide your pin out of your predrilled wood hole & tear out a chunk of wood when it comes out the other side. :doh: So I want my pin to follow the hole in the Wood, not the hole in the underlug or tab on the triggerguard or whatever.

Keith Lisle

Back