• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Plains or Mountain Pistol ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WALKERs210

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Picked up this 50cal pistol a few weeks ago, whoever put it together used black paint instead of blueing or browning the hardware. After removing all the paint the only thing stamped or marked anywhere is 50CAL on barrel just forward of the nipple. It looks exactly like the Lyman Plains pistol so I ordered the ram rod, barrel rib with the ferrule. The rib is about 1" too long, bolt/screw holes don't even come close to matching. Machine screws that came with parts are about a 5mm and the treads in the barrel are for 7mm. Also if the rib is flush to barrel the ramrod is close to 1/8" too high and will not even start into the mounting hole in frame. Don't mind cutting the rib down in size and re drilling the holes and then countersinking but don't want to have to shim it out. I know that CVA made this type model but all the places I have looked for replacement parts have none of these. Any ideas as to who made this and best way to put the rib and ferrule in place so it will function and look right?

That is probably the old CVA mountain pistol, or they may have called it the Hawken pistol. Deer Creek may have the parts you are looking for. Actually with that barrel it just may be a Deer Creek offering.

Latest posts

Back