• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Please help me I.D. my FIE.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlbinoAlligator

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find info on a Fie Muzzle loading pistol? I would like to find out what the markings on it mean. It does not have alot of info stamped on it. Not even cal. Thanks in advance.
AA

Can you post photos of it? Is it a revolver or a single shot? The markings on it, at least some of them, are proof marks and can help to date it. Other marks may be the maker's symbol. As I recall, F.I.E. was an importer not a maker. The more information you can give us the more helpful we can be.

Thanks for the info. Not sure I'm up to posting a pic. But it is a revolver. The proof marks due match. My gun was made in 1978. And the manufacture marks match too. I'm still trying to figure out a couple more marks. On the bottom of the grip area(in the brass)is stamped a four digit serial #, a "G" and a "PR" the p and r overlap each other like it is an insignia. And finally it says FIE, ITALY. I'm mostly wondering about the "PR" and the "G". Any ideas? Oh, and what is the most reliable way to determine the caliber? I was told it's .36. Can I just measure the hole in the cylinder? Thanks,
AA

C&B revolvers generally come in .31, .36, and .44 calibers. So it shouldn't be too difficult to determine the caliber.

Back