• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Po boy is ready for compitition

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
single shot said:
what will she do at 100 yds?

That was a five shot group at 50 yrds I haven't put it on the bench at 100 yrds as of yet will do that this winter when I can bench off my deck but I am confindent that being a 45 cal Green mtn Barrel all I will have to do is increase my powder charge by 10 grns and be point of aim at 100 yrds.
:thumbsup:

tg said:
Very nice gun and some good shooting pard, those guns are a lot of fun I have enjoyed a couple of them over the years, great squirrel/deer guns

No doubt TG I plan on using that rifle for trekkin'
Nice and light and dead nuts I can't waite for Marmote and grouse season.

PGTMG said:
What are you people blind those two bullets are clearly keyholing! :grin:

Nice rifle and group.

Actually four are touching and I pulled one out of the group I think it was my first shot and I flinch locked a bit.
:haha:

Greenmountain Boy, Nice rifle and shooting. I was thinking about getting either a TVM Tenn. or Southern in a .40 with either a chambers late ketland or an l&r lock like yours. I was wondering how does she spark? Also wondering which buttplate you choose? I can't make up my mind and between the 2 rifles. Thanks Dew

If I did it over I would prabably have gotten a PA poor boy with a large butt plate and a heaver barrel for stability.
I perfer a one inch across the flats no smaller than a 15/16.
My lock works great with the advise from Paul V on tuning locks.( a good read)
My next flint will have a Jim Chambers cutsom lock.
Consistancy is the key to good off hand flint shooting.
If I chose between a Southern and a tennessee I would choose a southern because of it's larger butt stock.

My Southern .36 has a 3/4" barrel and weighs next to nothing yet I shoot it pretty well. The best butt plate and stock is on the Early Virginia. I have one from TVM and it handles recoil very well. The muzzle heavy barrel makes it a fine target rifle as well. Everything considered, I love the Southerns and Lancasters.

Greenmtboy:

Glad to see you have the sparker out. I'm not looking forward to shooting against you at CB.
We had a great time up in Wyoming wish you could have come

TK

Thanks for the info. Toni recommended the southern also. I always liked the looks of the tenn. but if the southern is more comfortable I'd have to go with that one. Thinking about a 13/16 .40 about 38 in. long, I'd like to have something to do some off hand shooting plus hunt for squirrels and bunnys. Dew

Latest posts

Back