• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Poo Poo Pietta!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All my Ubertis, Cimarrons and Lymans do.
I agree, I have not seen a Pietta 1858 with a dovetailed sight. I have seen Ubertis with one, which also makes them for Cimmarron, not certain about Lymans.

My Piettas do not have dovetails.
Mine does not have a dove tail. I have never seen a Pietta with a dovetail. Does it have to do with year of manufacture? Are the new ones coming through with one?

Those Uberti 1866 Yellowboy lever guns look really cool too......ammo prices will keep me away from those....
I have one in 45 LC I reload for it my wife and son love that gun and daughter. Every one that shoots it talks about it. Acurate gun I shot a coyote at what I guessed to be 400 yards with the ladder sight set to 400 first shot just missed over his back spun him around with the second. Off hand not much recoil so that's easy to do

My pietta 1858 has dovetail. It was shooting high so I filled it down and almost had it perfect, filled a bit more and went too far.. now it's low.. when biathlon season is over I will likely buy a new front sight and start all over.

I own one 1858 Rem from Pietta, 2012 manufacture date. Everything about the firearm is fine. It has No dovetail in the front sight. I have seen many 1858's by multiple manufs and Uberti's have the dove tail front sight, and Uberti makes firearms for Cimmaron, Taylors and others, so if it has a dove tail, it is most like from Uberti originally, but could carry another brand marking. I have NEVER seen a Pietta with a dovetailed front sight, regardless of the year of manufacture. Just my experience.

I own one 1858 Rem from Pietta, 2012 manufacture date. Everything about the firearm is fine. It has No dovetail in the front sight. I have seen many 1858's by multiple manufs and Uberti's have the dove tail front sight, and Uberti makes firearms for Cimmaron, Taylors and others, so if it has a dove tail, it is most like from Uberti originally, but could carry another brand marking. I have NEVER seen a Pietta with a dovetailed front sight, regardless of the year of manufacture. Just my experience.

Not sure when they started doing it, but all Pietta 1858's come with dovetailed front sights, now.

Not sure when they started doing it, but all Pietta 1858's come with dovetailed front sights, now.
Must be fairly recent. its a good idea because adjusting the other type just did not happen!!

Back