• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Possible gunpowder related tragedy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My computer had a mind of its own yesterday - sorry about the incomplete response. I don't know what happened, but here's what I meant to write:

"Mr. M." is doing better than when I was with him a week ago. But he has been experiencing a bit of "hospital psychosis." I was told years ago that it is fairly common for trauma patients to become confused and disoriented and to turn on their doctors and even their families. M has been agitated and paranoid, but the doctors and nurses don't seem concerned. However, he had pulled free his IV and was refusing to go to the procedure room to change bandages. Yesterday he was starting to calm down and all seems better today. They will try a different schedule to change his bandages every third day instead of every day. This will also allow the docs to use general anesthesia. (I've been told that the wors part of burn care is changing the bandages. I shudder just thinking about it.)

I understand that M is likely to be hospitalized for weeks, as opposed to mere days. The expressions of support and concern on the forum will certainly help his recovery. Thank y'all again!
It good to hear of his improvement. Having just had a run in with large burns, absolutely wound care hurts!!!!!! There’s nothing like it I’ve ever experienced. Not to mention the pain from the burns themselves. Plus the general reticence of the doctors to prescribe adequate pain medication. May God speed his recovery. BJH

Back