• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Possibles Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tg: Huberd's brings back memories. I can remember the smell of it when Dad was treating his caulked boots before a jaunt in the woods. I used it on mine when I had a pair while cruising timber for a couple of summers. Don't have the "corks" any more, but still have the old Filson cruiser's vest.
I have some rendered beaver fat from a winter of trapping that is oil at room temperature. I have used to rub into wooden arrow and dart shafts, atlatls and knife handles, but haven't tried it on leather. Guess I should. It just brings the dogs from all corners of the property ...

I go the cheap route- I take a rag, dab some vegetable oil on it and rub on the outside. Has worked great and makes those stiff belt blanks etc. nice and soft. Don't know if it is actually good but the first belt I tried it on a few years ago has yet to go bad.
Scouter

Latest posts

Back