• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Post deleted by Claude

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An olde time wood finish that I have come to like was introduced to me by a gentleman who not only builds flinters, he also restores 1903 Springfield suppository guns. Anyway, after whatever stain he is going to use, he finished with a mixture of one part boiled linseed oil, one part beeswax and one part turpentine. These are equal parts by volume, not weight. Melt these three ingredients together over a non-flaming heat source and mix well. They will cool into a paste. Rub into the wood well and let if sit for a few days. When the turpentine evaporates off and the oil dries, buff with a cloth. Weather-proofs well and looks great!

Anybody ever used Old English Scratch Cover to touch up a "ding" in a stock after a hunting trip. I don't have any guns with really nice wood -YET. But is works nicely on the run-of-the-mill production stuff.

Jimbo

I use the stuff to stain my ramrods. :rolleyes:

Anybody ever used Old English Scratch Cover to touch up a "ding" in a stock after a hunting trip. I don't have any guns with really nice wood -YET. But is works nicely on the run-of-the-mill production stuff.

Jimbo

nice rifle, Herb...its been many years since I've been to Vernal...glad to see your dinosaurs haven't run off.... :crackup:

Now you know one of the faker's tricks. You can do the same by putting a dab of powder in a saucer then light it and add a touch of water to what's left and dab a small cloth or your finger in it and rub the brass. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back