• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Potato Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Contender

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Since the potato gun is kin to the muzzleloader, and Forth of July is approaching fast,and this is the building forum,
who out there builds them and how far will they shoot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

i make them out of white pvc 3" at the breech end so to say about 24" long with the end glued on that has the threaded cap in it....a reducer to bring it down to 2" that's about 36" long with the muzzle tapered on the outside to form a cutting edge that i push onto the potato or apple....then use my broomstick ramrod to push it down to the bolt i have across the breech end so the potato does not drop into the 3" section....then some sort of setup made out of wood to form a hand grip that's bolted to the 3" pipe with a gas b-b-q starter button to ignight the fuel....and a 90 degree ball valve glued in the end of the threaded cap for loading the fuel in....once the potato is loaded you crack open the ball valve and spray some W-D 40 into valve for about 3 seconds....close the valve..aim..and..push the starter button....the shot goes screaming about 300 yds through the air :haha: :haha: :haha:................bob

I opt fot the potato machine gun... :winking: :haha: :haha:

gun_3.jpg

you gotta be kidding me.... ::....where do you find all these pic's you just keep coming up with....u da man........................bob

If the "Dear ole South" would have had such a weapon, they might have "Whipped the North" by "mashing it advances" :: ::

Back