• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

August 19 is National Potato Day!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave it all I could muster. This is the best of three pistol offhand targets. Shooting weather conditions were perfect tonight.

Attachments

• 20240822_213819.jpg
    20240822_213819.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
You should get bonus points for hitting the most difficult target!
Well, if you put me on a lie detector and asked if I was aiming for the fry, I might invoke the 5th Amendment. After a few months shooting at your targets with that pistol I have learned the true meaning of limits and luck. At 20 feet I can keep them on a 4" bull, but twice that distance plus a bit more is a whole nuther ball game. BTW, those were even shot using a rest.

I shot my potatoes a little while ago and am submitting 1 target as the other two were not nearly as good. I chose my Waksupi-built .54cal. Isaac Haines (Chambers kit), using a home cast .530" (.532" in fact) RB + .017" cotton duck (?) patch. Lube was 1 Ballistol : 6 H2O. My powder charge was 60gr. GOEX FFg.

A couple of things to say: The aforementioned ball and patch combination was a bear to load. If I didn't have a plastic mallet and long er short starter with me, I'd doubt I'd be able to start or seat that ball/patch combination. Also, using the target spots really improved my aim (I didn't use them on 1 target which I wouldn't submit).. Lastly, some how my phone is set to GIF for photos, so I converted the image to a PDF (or I think I did).

(I shot this target kneeling with my right arm on the shooting bench).

Attachments

• IMG_0239.pdf
    9.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I shot my potatoes a little while ago and am submitting 1 target as the other two were not nearly as good. I chose my Waksupi-built .54cal. Isaac Haines (Chambers kit), using a home cast .530" (.532" in fact) RB + .017" cotton duck (?) patch. Lube was 1 Ballistol : 6 H2O. My powder charge was 60gr. GOEX FFg.

A couple of things to say: The aforementioned ball and patch combination was a bear to load. If I didn't have a plastic mallet and long er short starter with me, I'd doubt I'd be able to start or seat that ball/patch combination. Also, using the target spots really improved my aim (I didn't use them on 1 target which I wouldn't submit).. Lastly, some how my phone is set to GIF for photos, so I converted the image to a PDF (or I think I did).

That is very good shooting.

I’m not the final judge but I think I’d go a little higher on that score

Used up most of my powder and patches practicing before the final target shoot, then did worse on my final shoot than I did during my practicing, broke my ramrod, tried to use my 36 Navy for the pistol shoot and it broke.
wind started blowing.

Latest posts

Back