• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pouch and horn set

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.C.Albert

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is a picture of a pouch and horn set I cobbled up this past summer.
034.jpg

T.C.Albert

Wow! Very nicely done. I like the eagle on the bag, it is a good combo for the Tansel style horn. Tell me, is the spout tip applied or a screw tip?
Scott

I will try to answer all at once here if I can. The eagle on the flap was brush painted free hand and then distressed as the bag was antiqued. The spout is lathe turned, then fitted and applied with pins. And thanks for the kind words. I sincerely appreciate them.
T.C.A.

Wow! Those are NICE! :bow: :hatsoff:
Can you show us more detailed pics? Please???

I will take and post some more pictures when I get back home tonite...thanks again..
T.C.A.

Nice looking bag and horn. On the bag strap there is a shield. What is it on another peice of leather or is the oval metal?

Now that is beautiful! Can you go into some more about how you did the painting,and what about the shield on the strap?

Theres not much to say about the painting except its brush painted on free hand...and that Im not much of a painter. Either oil or acrylic paint adheres very well to leather, but you should use traditional basic colors.

The oval is an antique plain brass shoulder plate. I decopaged a federal shield on it. Decopage is in fact a very P.C. decoration technique, and seemed an approrriate way to decorate the plate for this set and not actually ruin it as an antique.

Thanks for all of the interest.
T.C.A.

Back