• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder Horn Base Plug Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Working on fitting my horn's base plug today. I have it fit pretty darn good with one exception. The base over hangs the diameter of the horn. Since this is a kit the base has a groove for decoration turned around it. If I reduce the outer diameter of the plug it will effect the carving on the base plug unevenly. Should I just taper it to the groove evenly or or taper the groove out completely on the horn. The horn base is round the horn itself is un even in thickness. WWYD? 20240924_142945.jpg20240924_142929.jpg

Back