• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder horn use

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a thought. I keep my horns in a plastic box full of cedar shavings. The Beatles won’t chew holes in them.
Now that Paul has been knighted, he's too refined to chew on horns anymore, plus hopefully the rest are too old to come to your town & track down where you store your horns.

I have had powder in one horn for more than 15 years no problem, only because I changed to using 3F instead of the 2F in the horn.
Back in the late 60's - early 70's I got my introduction to flintlock rifles from an old gent with an heirloom collection of original rifles. Most of the rifles had an accompanying horn 7 ball bag - many had been filled for around 100 years.

Back