• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pc.knife

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Finally, I managed to finish the Powder Horn, which began long ago.

cow horn, deer antler, wood, brass nails, tape woolen

41.1.jpg

41.2.jpg

41.3.jpg

41.4.jpg

41.5.jpg

S.kenton said:
I like it! trying to figure out how everyone does the " scallops"?

I a little speak english and I'm not sure if I understand your question...

As for the cuts on the ring it them little file. Semi-circular notch on the horn with a knife and a chisel engraving, [thus emerged such curves;)]

BillinOregon said:
PC: I assume you have a lathe for turning plugs and the antler spout. How did you cut the screw threads? Just regular taps and dies?
That is a really striking horn!

I have no lathe - antlers and cap were made ”‹”‹by hand, file...
Screw threads have done something like that:

[I hope I put this picture]

200px-Gewindebohrer.jpg

250px-Schneideisen.jpg

Most Horners don't usually use a lathe for threading,but sometimes use a lathe to round the area to be threaded or just round by filing.

Threads are cut with a Tap and Die. You can also do it by using a bolt and nut, but I'll let you look on THE HORNERS BENCH for doing it that way.

Rick

Back