• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder Horns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowdawg

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Folks,

I'm looking for a good set of powder horns. Does anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Greg Richardson

There are several 'Good and Better" horners on this forum regularly.

I would browse the craftsman section and get a flavor of whats here and then contact them via Private Topic!

I have 2 from this extended family and they are nice.

might also be some in the classified section as well.

As mentioned, there are several good horn makers on this forum. Here are a couple of photos of one a friend made for me. If interested, PT me and I can forward his name. He doesn't post here.
powderhorn2.jpg

powderhorn1.jpg

Scott and Cathy Sibley literally "wrote the book" on them.

They are amazing people and make an amazing horn.

They are making me one right now and have been just super.

You can contact them personally either through email or telephone or look for their stuff on the CLA website (Contemporary Longrifle Association), although their stuff sells FAST on CLA.

I admit that I am bias as they are good friends of mine. But check out their work and judge for yourself.

Tell them Doc Rogers told you to call. :thumbsup:

Just checked CLA and there is a horn that they made for sale on page 4 of the contemporary for sale stuff.

The guy that is selling it (not the Sibley's) is asking $950 for it but that is more than Scott would charge you for it.

Their stuff sells from around $250 to $650 from what I have seen.

Doc

Greg Richardson said:
Folks,

I'm looking for a good set of powder horns. Does anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Greg Richardson

Do a google search for longrifle, powder horn, contemporary makers etc.
http://contemporarymakers.blogspot.com
Has a list of makers and some good photos as well.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back