• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

powder measures

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atki

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I put on a mountain man rendezvous for older Boy Scouts in the San Diego area. Last year we had about 250 of them shootin' throwin' and all the other stuff people do at rendezvous. (except drinkin'!) We decided this year to give out power measures for the winners of the blackpowder shooting. I need a source for some reasonably priced antler or wood power measures. Need about 8 of them. Any ideas? I just don't have time to make 'em.

WB

WeaselBreath,
PM me with your address and i have a nice one
already made that i will send you.
snake-eyes :hatsoff:
P.S. :thanks: for getting the young ones involved.They
are the future of our sport. Now if we could just get the Girl Scouts involved.(you know where there are girls there are boys that don't want to be wimps).

I'll make one for you too,,Chuck Thom need a mailing address what size powdetr charge? 70 grs. ok?

I'll make one for you too,,Chuck Thom need a mailing address what size powdetr charge? 70 grs. ok?

It is nice to see members helping members, makes my heart swell with pride the way everyone pulls together and lends a hand to a member in need...
:hatsoff:

I was fixin' to make one...how about some photos of nice ones?

Thanks,

Dale

Sure...

These are river cain powder measurers made by the late TwoShadows...
MVC-315F.jpg

Various internet images...

carved_measures.JPG
round_measures.JPG

eagles.jpg

Wow....who makes those? Very nice. How much?

My brother Matt has been in Mosul, Iraq since last August. A while back I posted about getting him a smoothie...slowly I have been accumulating stuff for him. In fact, his possibles bag just came in mail today.

WHo can I order one of those measures form? That would look great dangling from his bag. How much???

Thanks

Greg

I appreciate those who have offered to send a powder measure. My address is:

Atkinson Studios
9550 Chesapeake Dr. Suite 203
San Diego,CA 92123

this is the rendezvous:

www.varsityrendezvous.com

thanks

Nice, fine detail work on those antler tips, Maestro.

What are you using to color the antler and the turkey bone?

WeaselBreath,
That's a nice site..Can i guess you are the
one wearing glasses with the mustache, black hat and checked shirt?? Looks like the
staff has as much fun as the scouts.
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Deadeye,

Did you make these? If so, how do you do the carving and what do you do for stain? I may try something like one of these....

Thanks,

DaleNabq

Hey WeaselBreath,

I can't get the link to work. I sure would like to get something similar together 'round here. Have a couple of ideas, but would like to see what others are doing.

Okay, I came back in and it's working now. Probably just timed out before due to my slow connection. I will check it out. Still wouldn't mind more info if you have it. Thanks.

WB,

Cool. Great site, and it looks like a great event. Check your inbox, I'll send you a note.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back