• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Prairieland Frontiersman 34rd Annual Historic Arms Show in Sullivan, IL Held March 10th & 11th, 2023

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waarp8nt

Smidgin Injun
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
East of the Kaskaskia River in Illinois Territory
Screenshot_20230305_144615_Drive.jpg

Thanks for posting this. A bit of a drive for me (1.5hrs one way) and have never been to this one. I went today and WILL go back next year. Bought a couple powder measures and a jag. Bought a 'rare' .45 and .54 T/C maxi-ball luber new in package. I really wish he had a .50 as well. And I spent too much on a 'junk' gun that I've always wanted for years. A guy had a new in box factory built, roll engraved Classic Arms Snake Eye. I've always wanted one but was not going to buy someone's poorly built kit. I wanted an early production factory built example. I checked it out thoroughly and willingly paid way too much for it, but I'm thrilled.

I bought the 1803 Harpers Ferry by Euroarms for $500.00

Watched a Crockett .32 sell for $250.00 (I would have bought this but was busy with another transaction)

Watched another one sell for $375.00

Overall I pretty much broke even, sold enough to cover the cost of the 1803.

Thanks for posting this. A bit of a drive for me (1.5hrs one way) and have never been to this one. I went today and WILL go back next year. Bought a couple powder measures and a jag. Bought a 'rare' .45 and .54 T/C maxi-ball luber new in package. I really wish he had a .50 as well. And I spent too much on a 'junk' gun that I've always wanted for years. A guy had a new in box factory built, roll engraved Classic Arms Snake Eye. I've always wanted one but was not going to buy someone's poorly built kit. I wanted an early production factory built example. I checked it out thoroughly and willingly paid way too much for it, but I'm thrilled.

I have enjoyed the show since the 90's having only missed a few. I seen that Snake Eye and it looked nice enough to catch my attention, sometimes the quality you want is worth it. Glad you enjoyed the show, hope to see you there next year!

I bought the 1803 Harpers Ferry by Euroarms for $500.00

Watched a Crockett .32 sell for $250.00 (I would have bought this but was busy with another transaction)

Watched another one sell for $375.00

Overall I pretty much broke even, sold enough to cover the cost of the 1803.

Breaking even isn't all that bad. It was a nice 1803, I looked it over pretty close and wanted it bad for myself. However, there is a black powder cartridge rifle that I've had my eye on and decided keep saving my pennies for it. I'm curious, did you have a table, if so where were you set up?

I have enjoyed the show since the 90's having only missed a few. I seen that Snake Eye and it looked nice enough to catch my attention, sometimes the quality you want is worth it. Glad you enjoyed the show, hope to see you there next year!

Breaking even isn't all that bad. It was a nice 1803, I looked it over pretty close and wanted it bad for myself. However, there is a black powder cartridge rifle that I've had my eye on and decided keep saving my pennies for it. I'm curious, did you have a table, if so where were you set up?
Yes, I had a table..

You could not miss me, I was the old fat guy with bifocals and gray hair...

Yes, I had a table..

You could not miss me, I was the old fat guy with bifocals and gray hair...

I thought to set up at that show required one to be old, fat and have gray hair...lol. Now the bifocals narrows it down some. It would depend if they were traditional style or modern.

Sending you a PM.

Wish I would have seen this, I want to go to one and that one wasn’t to far. I’m ******

I believe they have a spring camp / shoot sometime in April, with a few folks set up with trade blankets. I've never been to it, so I couldn't say for sure what all they have or don't have for sale or trade. Maybe French Colonial could give us some details.

It is always on the last full weekend in April, this year that is the 29th and 30th

Actually the trade show has more "stuff" to purchase however, you may be disappointed if you go to the April shoot looking for a plethora of goodies.

If you do not mind a drive Kalamazoo Living History show is the 18th and 19th this month with LOTS of good stuff...

And then there is the June Rondy at Fort de Chartres which everyone should go to at least once.

Last edited:
It is always on the last full weekend in April, this year that is the 29th and 30th

I'll put that on my calendar and try to make it this year. I'm only a half hour or so away.

Dang. I was just hobbling around the house. Try to remember for next year.

Looks like your just a little North and West of Sullivan, but worth the drive in my opinion.

Back