• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Predator hunt.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are so lucky haveing all those Coyotes to shoot.. We only have Red Fox's .. A bit more numerous since we had to stop running them with hounds. Twenty gripe couples and a strong hunter with a remount after lunch. The "Blowing for Home" was often welcome.. OLD(Focsomething)DOG..

We've only started to see coyotes in the past 15 years or so. None when I was a kid. NOW with the help of a year of COVID total lockdowns..., there are bobcat in my area. AND some folks have reported cougar, but now they think it possible that it's a caracal. Caracal are large, and very similar coloring to a cougar, just not as big, and since they are not native, folks around here would have NO clue. So it's not a natural one, so they think perhaps one was set free when the owner could not cope with it.

I've only taken one fox. They are all over the place, much to the detriment of the rabbit hunting in the area. The suburbanites FEED the fox, but in their defense, some of them do so because fox do keep the rabbits out of the gardens. I took my one fox after calling a buddy who makes bags, and he said he could use the pelt, so BANG.

LD

Tonight's fox hunt didn't go well.
I worked my way to an old pit full of scrub.
As I neared it two hen pheasant flew up into the trees. Hello I thought, classic fox activity!
I neared the edge of the pit only to observe Charlie crossing the bottom of the marshy pit 25yds away or so.
When I say pit, I mean an old quarried hole come marshy pond and overgrown with all sorts.
Up comes the 10g and ....pop 🤦‍♂️😫.

My suspicions one is lying up in there regularly was correct. Will I get a second chance? I dunno.
The joys of muzzleloading 🙄

Back