• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Price of flints going up

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am afraid that will be the case for me too.
You must not enjoy flint knapping then which is perfectly fine. I wouldn't enjoy making gun flints for a living and would starve at it I'm quite sure , especially when making them from flakes (which I prefer) instead of cores and blades , which is the only practical method for production.

The black English flints at Track of the Wolf has gone up from $2.60 to $3.20 and French amber are up to $3, I think they were $2.40 a month ago. Not sure if other suppliers are going up too, but usually TOW sets the trend. I got a good supply of flints and like caps, it is what it is; but man I hate to see this inflation effecting everything, even black powder supplies . Carry on.
I recently got an order from Karl Lee. Came out to around $2.50 per flint and had free shipping from England

Missouri has a lot of chert so much the early settlers called the land cursed because it dulled their plows ( Burlington is one ,white)

Funny how politicians and elitist trust fund babies can tell Americans to eat cereal for supper to save on grocery bills when even that has jumped way up in price.

I couldn't imagine trying to raise a young family now and days. You think back years ago when you were first married and how tough it was. My wife and I still joke about eating pancakes and pork and beans for supper because it was 2 days till payday and that was all that was left in the house. Guess that's why we keep so well stocked now and days.
When our kids were young we didn't have enough money to buy a stamp and once mailed a utility bill w/o one. It was delivered.

Old farts sure find a lot to complain about.
7F3494FF-760E-40E2-BDAB-0B7CF3A457E9.jpg

When our kids were young we didn't have enough money to buy a stamp and once mailed a utility bill w/o one. It was delivered.
Neato! Wonder if the US Post Office had a deal with the utility company, that the company would pay, similar to "No Postage Necessary If Mailed in the US" that we see on some return envelopes.

Back