• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Priming powder for flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm reading these posts where some states limit the amount of powder one can order or possess at one time. I have always bought mine either at matches or with a group of guys in our club where we would pay one member and he would order the powder and have it shipped to him. From what I understood then, it was legal under US law to ship up to 50 pounds of black powder to the same address in one day. I understand individual states can make the laws more restrictive in their states. Does anyone know if it's still legal as far as the feds are concerned to ship up to 50 pounds of black powder to the same address in a single day? Back then the hazmat fee for UPS was $6, for one pound or 50. Orders were placed so frequently and I would get anywhere from 5 to 7 pounds each time so I was able to accumulate some. I think the last time I ordered it may have been $14 or $15 per pound of GOEX.

Latest posts

Back