• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Proper Camo for deer huntin?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Runner said:
I guess I could go without the headnet, but it also breaks the wind very well!

OK, just my grade school humor acting up here. I know how you meant it, but it sure sounds like that headnet is stinking up the place. LOL!! :rotf:

I wear whatever is comfortable. My camo from my military days keeps shrinking. Darned closet does that to too many of my things! I have worn jeans, camo, whatever. Orange is a must. The Orange Hoarde tends to get too trigger happy on public land...

The camo I've got comes mostly from "super discount" off-season sales. I wear it more for work clothes than hunting...

I've got a half acre clover field at one end of my place. Soon before the season started in Maryland I was mowing around it with my old Allis-Chalmers. I didn't even notice the button buck munching there until I got within 15 yards or so. The motor was snortin' and the mower was whinin' something fierce. Any farm boys out there will know Allis-Chalmers orange is just a shade duller than "hunter orange". Young buck wouldn't budge until I got within about 5 yards. I chased him up and back the field 3 or 4 times until he got frustrated and left.

So I wear whatever I've got that isn't deer brown, or has white flashes. But I always put some orange on. If the deer have a reason to be there, color and some noise won't necessarily spook 'em. Whatever works and keeps you from becoming a target in your area is what you want - i.e.; You're mileage may vary.

Yep, All of my accessories are either black, brown or green. I only wear camo outerwear.

Back