• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Proud of My protégé

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
So several years ago I was singing the praises of deer hunting with a flintlock. My co-worker, a lad from PA who hunted deer, had never tried one. Well he got himself a Lyman GPR in .54 flint, and practiced with some tips from me at the range with him , and then bagged a deer in PA the first time he went out with it...., which was several years ago. HUZZAH! .....But there is also beginner's luck......

So this year Jesse went out again, and was again successful, so it's not a fluke with this lad! And he's hooked for sure! :thumb:

OH and he's consistently pleased with the fact that the .530 patched round ball drops them in, or nearly in, their tracks!

Jesse and the deer publication photo.jpg

Because of the sensitive nature of his job, I obscured his face in the photo he sent to me, when I went to share it with this forum. ;)

LD

Back