• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Proud of this one.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is particularly nice, is that you pretty well matched the striping, and the direction of them on your PB. I bet you struggled with that part for quite a while before you were happy with how it was going to lay out. Was your PB lid done as 2 pieces of wood, glued together, or as 1 carved piece?

The lid is one piece of wood. Came off of the stock below the wrist area , I was pleased with how the stripes lined up. You know, hope for the best and sometimes you get lucky.

I was asked in a PM what the finish was. My previous builds were all BLO and I wanted to try something new on this one. I used the two part Permalyn finish, 2 coats of the sealer and 2 of the finish. Came out a little bit shiny so rubbed it down with 0000 steel wool and I like it.

Back