• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Purchased patch thickness

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the past, I’ve always bought and used pillow ticking for shooting patch material. Last August while shopping I decided to buy some lubed and dry patches. 4 packages of “Muzzleloader Originals” and 1 Eastern Maine Shooting Supplies. Opened some Saturday, to my surprise they were grossly under thickness. 2 packages, M.O., .015 dry shooting patches for 40 cal. Measure .006-.0065, less than half of ordered thickness. 2 packages of M.O. .010” for 50 cal., measure .0075”. 25% thinner than ordered. Eastern Maine 40 cal, .010” measure, .0075”. Not sure what tolerance is allowed, but the minute I started loading, I knew I had issue. I’ve contacted the vendor to check their inventory. Just an FYI, if you’ve purchased shooting patches, check thickness before you get to the range.

Latest posts

Back