• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Purpose of finger rest on bottom of trigger guard ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally dislike the "finger rest" and cannot see that it serves any useful purpose. I always remove it from any rifle I plan on using as shown in the enclosed photograph of a TC Renegade I remodeled. Each to his own.
IMG-0853 (2).jpg

I shoot my Lymans a lot, no hooks. Then I took my T/C Hawken out recently and oh, that finger rest was soooo familiar....and missed. It really help steady the gun and and find right trigger finger position. Then I took my GPH out and my fingers were searching for that rest. I am considering changing my guard out for a finger hook one.

Back