• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Put on yer poker face, January 2012

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
It's too dang cold outside to aim proper so I figgered we'd do one just for fun! Even if you're shivverin' too bad to aim straight you oughta be able to play this one.
Feelin' lucky?

5-shot stud poker!

Only registered forum members may participate.

One target entry per member.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The target is a standard 8.5 X 11 inch sheet of printer paper at 25 yards.

Any traditional muzzleloading firearm firing a single projectile can be used.

Any style sights are legal.

Take 5 shots at your target with the paper oriented vertically.

Mark your target "TOP" so I know which way is up.

I will compare your target to a "Master Target" which is divided into 52 equal spaces. Each of these spaces will be randomly designated as a card in a poker deck and assigned it's suit and face value. The center of each hole in your target will determine your "poker hand". Best "hand" wins!

RULE ADDITION; If 2 shots are in the same designated card spot I will deal you a new card out of a real deck for the second card... or 3rd, 4th, or 5th. Don't stack 'em in there. You can't have 5 of the same card. :wink:

Mail your targets in time that they will be received by Feb 1st 2012 to;

Jim Green
P.O.Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Multiple members can send their targets in the same envelope if shooting together.

Be safe and have fun! :hatsoff:

If you guys want to add some excitement I can "deal" the cards out, face up, one at a time at the end so y'all can "bet" imaginary $ at the end...

Jethro, Are you talking about five shots on the paper with no X or aiming points? Sounds like a good excuse to burn some powder!
:grin:

grzrob said:
Jethro, Are you talking about five shots on the paper with no X or aiming points? Sounds like a good excuse to burn some powder!
:grin:

Yep. Just hit the paper. Where your shots hit determines which cards you get dealt.

Oh, and if 2 shots are in the same designated card spot I will deal you a new card out of a real deck for the second card... or 3rd, 4th, or 5th. Don't stack 'em in there. You can't have 5 of the same card. :wink:

Iam in!!!! But one question... just take a sheet of printer paper and shoot it anywhere? Am I correct? Just want to be sure so I dont get disqualified :wink:
Thank you
Cody

grzrob said:
I don't know Jethro it's going to be hard to stop putting the balls in the same hole! :wink:

Well Grizz, it is a PAPER target so you shouldn't have any problems, just aim for the center. :haha:

(For those that don't know Grizz, he is afflicted by a paper curse. He can't seem to shoot paper worth a hoot but he can shoot the wings off a gnat at 100 yards. :haha: )

With it being a paper target NOT stacking the balls in one hole is not a problem! I normally hit the paper just not where I want to. :thumbsup:

I may give this one a go jethro. I got some powder that needs burnin. Might have to make a side bet on who cooks breakfast at the frolic. haha

What if ....the wind blows and, the target gets doubled over and I get a few extra holes inner'????? Just foolin' even I can shoot in this one. Cause I know I don't have to worry about gettin' em in the same hole twice . If I can sneak off from work long enough I'll be sending you a target. :thumbsup:

gunsmithscott said:
I may give this one a go jethro. I got some powder that needs burnin. Might have to make a side bet on who cooks breakfast at the frolic. haha

Howdy Scott. :hatsoff: Ya finally figgered out how to post here huh? :haha:
Burn that powder! I'll bet ya that you'll bring the sausage. I'll bring the hashbrowns. Guess I'll be the only one eatin' the eggs...
See ya for breakfast at the Frolic. :thumbsup:

Jethro224 said:
If you guys want to add some excitement I can "deal" the cards out, face up, one at a time at the end so y'all can "bet" imaginary $ at the end...

Put my target in the mail today. Let me know when the betting starts, I'm feeling lucky!

Latest posts

Back