• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pyrodex in flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beartrap

32 Cal.
Reaction score
with black powder being extremely scarce in my neck of the woods i opened up my touch hole liner a bit with a drill and tried shooting 100 grains pyrodex in my .54 GPR primed with goex 3f and it shoots everytime with good accuracy but does not ignite as quickly as real blackpowder, about a 1 second delay and you can hear it go....FIZZZZ.... before ignition which is very distracting. I was wondering if anyone can give me any info on velocities or just on pyrodex in general as it appears to be the only thing i can buy around here. I can forsee a time when our government makes black powder illegal here in canada as they are sure shovelling a lot of manure down our throats with these new gun laws and gun registration we have up here.

newhouse
Throw 5 grains of goex first down the barrel, then the main charge of pyrodex.I use to use this method when real black was not around in my part of the woods .I now order my goex online from gaft@sons,beats running around trying to find real black powder :redthumb:

Latest posts

Back