• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Quality inexpensive chisels/gouges

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George Pittelko

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've seen previous posts where folks were looking for recommendations concerning good chisels that will not require a second mortgage. In my case, a couple of months ago, I purchased 2- chisels and 1- gouge(these were 5/16")from Woodcraft Supply. The Japanese made brand name is 'Power Grip'. The total overall length is slightly less than 6" including the 4 1/2" comfortable wood handle. The metal business end is 1 1/4" long. I was so pleased with the quality of the steel and ease of sharpening that I purchased a complete set (assorted chisels and gouges - 7 in total)from Woodcraft for a total purchase price of $42.00 or 6 bucks each - you can't go wrong!

So far, I've done all of my inletting with these chisels and Mr. Dremel. Both make a great combination.

Latest posts

Back