• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Question on homemade patch lube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ohio ramrod said:
Ah a Studabaker, I remember the 52 Champion Dad had . Over two hundred thousand miles, good gas milage, And the Hill holder manuel transmission.

:hmm: actually, probably 75% of this forums members have ridin in or at least seen on the road a studabaker..ahh fer the good ole days..when you could tell cars apart...an work on them yerselves! :haha:

RickD said:
I`ve been piddling with homemade patch lube made from bees wax and olive oil..Kind of got it the same thickness as bore butter..Question is will this bees wax gum up in my barrel??As I finished this batch a Senior moment came over me and I happened to think this lube has bees wax in it..Is bees wax different from candle wax??

How do you mix the bees wax with olive oil? I would like to try mixing a batch

Thanks
ROB

Cooterdog,

Just melt the beeswax in a double boiler. Warm the olive oil and then measure out the two in the ratio you want and mix both in a suitable container. If you find its to stiff, warm and add more olive oil. If to runny, warm and add beeswax.

Listen to Swampy..I used one of the wifes sauce pans and caught holy hell..

My first car was a 1957 Studabaker Golden Hawk - it had a Paxton supercharger and the dash was engine-turned aluminum and all full of gauges with rolled & pleated interior. Heavy car but it went fast

Yur not s'pposed to let her see tha dirty pan....LOL Take it from someone whos been there.. Not so bad now...she's a shooter now. RC has seen her shoot... no smart remarks RC... be nice
Trapper

Trapper said:
Yur not s'pposed to let her see tha dirty pan....LOL Take it from someone whos been there.. Not so bad now...she's a shooter now. RC has seen her shoot... no smart remarks RC... be nice
Trapper

:hmm: yup! see her shoot..and seen her clean yer...pan! :blah:

Ah yes, Studebaker.
My first lessons in engineering: The weak parts break first.

'53 Stude Comander + 4 2 bbl Stromberg 97's = Bent Rod.
'53 Stude Comander + '55 Buick nailhead V8 = Broken main cluster in transmission.

'53 Stude + '55 Buick V8 + Packard transmission = Broken U'joints.

'53 Stude + '55 Buick V8 + Packard trans + custom drive line = Broken rear axel.

'53 Stud + '55 Buick V8 + Packard trans + custom drive line + 54 Olds rear axel + home built Traction Masters= One Going Studebaker that eats rear tires but few others can catch it. :rotf:

Oh, I guess we better get back to the patch lube.

Man you guys are old my first car was a 63 Impala SS but it was 11 years old. That said back to the topic.

Cooter save grace and melt it in a recycled soup can in a pot of water or the nuker. Smell good also. Altoids tins charred and hammered look good.I flatten out the raised stamping. :thumbsup:

I got her trained right.... cleanin pans that is...OOPS gotta go here she comes..... OH %%$##%^^&^% she caught me!!!!!

Latest posts

Back