• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Questionable State Muzzleloading Laws

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Ark we can't hunt squirrels or rabbits with a 50 cal. ML, it has to be 40 cal or less unless during ML or Modern deer season. I wish that would change. Most shots are only 30-40 yards for a good head shot. I have only 50's & 54's, I would like to have a 40 cal. barrel to drop in my T/C Renegade, I'm looking...

I'm wondering if they limited the size to prevent the projectile from traveling too far since your shooting upwards?

tg said:
"The season bag limit remains at 10 antlerless deer and two antlered bucks"

Now that has got to be considered a reasonable bag limit, I don't care what anybody says... :doh:

I wish Wa. had this problem. One deer only unless you have a special tag for a second doe.

gmww said:
tg said:
"The season bag limit remains at 10 antlerless deer and two antlered bucks"

Now that has got to be considered a reasonable bag limit, I don't care what anybody says... :doh:

I wish Wa. had this problem. One deer only unless you have a special tag for a second doe.

I second that statement. Generally speaking, one deer per year in Wyo unless it is a special draw. Folks come out here to Wyo thinking it's a hunter's paradise and we do have a nice variety of game and ample public land.
The reality of it is that many midwestern / eastern states have waaay more deer and much longer seasons. Apparently the problem is lack of public land and/or obtaining permission to hunt on private land.

If I can get the time off I`ll take you hunting here in North Georgia when hunting rolls around again

Back