• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Quite a weekend!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I got out after chores it was with a front stuffer.
Saturday was flintlocking, today was capper.
Yesterday produces no photos.
Not because there was nothing to photograph, no, because I foolishly shot a flintlock straight up at a bird and received some burning debris in my right eye! Still sore +24hours later. :doh:
Today I used cap and ball on land I have not visited for months.
The little .45 spoke a few times harvesting three rabbits.
Jess had some fun too.

B.

Brits Be Careful..Or youll shoot your eye out kid!

Ouch!... thats hurts thinking about it.

Beautiful day and a nice bunch of bunnies. :thumbsup:

Can the dog catch them by itself?

22fowl said:
Brits Be Careful..Or youll shoot your eye out kid!

Ouch!... thats hurts thinking about it.

Beautiful day and a nice bunch of bunnies. :thumbsup:

Can the dog catch them by itself?
Not yet, I don't encourage it much to be honest. She was too old when I got her to imprint her well, so things are a compromise with her. But we have some fun all the same.
:hatsoff:

B.

I've been "spit" on several times by percussions, Brits; not with a flintlock so far.

I've also noticed - how can I not - that whenever you and Jess take to the bush, you always come home with the bacon. :thumbsup:

Is that a magpie in your left hand?

Take care of those eyes. I shot a coon with a .22 revolver once and it shaved a piece of lead that lodged in the sclera of my left eye. I had to find an ophthamologist and he operated that day. he finally got it out but I never go out of the house now without safety glasses.

Patocazador said:
Is that a magpie in your left hand?

Take care of those eyes. I shot a coon with a .22 revolver once and it shaved a piece of lead that lodged in the sclera of my left eye. I had to find an ophthamologist and he operated that day. he finally got it out but I never go out of the house now without safety glasses.
Ouch!

Thanks all.

Yes a magpie. Or as I call them, egg thief!
A twenty five yard shot, a rare opportunity.

You can see how tiny Jess is compared to the magpie in this next shot.

B.

Outstanding there partner! Looks like the makings for Hassenpfeffer! ;) :haha: :v

IMG_20170521_184812466_zpslfxdljex.jpg

Brits..I just need to know...

Here in Wisconsin when the grass is green the rabbits here carry tularemia and bunches of flea's,ticks.

We don't hunt them till there is snow cover.

What do you do to protect your dog from these

little pesky vermin?

My dog nut hunting buddies go with the pills from the veterinarian to combat ticks and fleas.

Thanks!... just curious how you handle it across the pond.

Even in town here my neighbor had to have his house fumigated twice last summer due to one of his dogs that was flea infested.

They too have terriers that roam a big lot.

Thanks..always enjoy your hunts..
when I small game hunt it makes me want to hunt small game even more!

Ticks don't tend to be an issue around here. Certainly other areas but not here.....for now.
Our rabbits don't carry any illness that can harm human here and the rabbit flea can not live on dogs or people. They can live on squirrels though.

Nicely done Nate! I love fried rabbit served with mashed potatoes and gravy made from the rabbit drippings. The Magpie has beautiful plumage, are they edible? I would, at least, save some of the feathers for hat decorations. Keep yer powder dry..........robin :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in Wisconsin/AZ when the grass is green the rabbits here carry tularemia and bunches of flea's,ticks.

We don't hunt them till there is snow cover.

AZ has a year round season on bunnies. Per my ol pop (he KNEW stuff) we didn't/dont hunt em till the first freeze and wouldnt shoot em if the wern't runnin good. He missed many many opportunities at standin bunnies! I dont hunt em cept in winter myself cuz pop KNEW stuff. Ol folks seem to have that trait.

FLEAS! In tree rat season I have to use fresh flea collars on the dogs and use gloves to skin. Have seen 5-6 fleas per rat jump off in bed of the truck while skinnin

also....great day out Brit! Used to be able to get my 10 per day limit. Dont see more than three a day lately (coyotes?)

Yer dogs too cool, his he a family dog too?

azmntman said:
also....great day out Brit! Used to be able to get my 10 per day limit. Dont see more than three a day lately (coyotes?)

Family dog!
She gets in bed with us ! I have to bath her all the time.
If I brush my granddaughters teeth Jess wants hers doing! I kid you not! I have to pretend to clean her teeth too!
She gets in the car.
Sits on our laps.

B :thumbsup:

Britsmoothy said:
azmntman said:

Family dog!
She gets in bed with us ! I have to bath her all the time.
If I brush my granddaughters teeth Jess wants hers doing! I kid you not! I have to pretend to clean her teeth too!
She gets in the car.
Sits on our laps.

:thumbsup: My killer looking german sheperd is just like that cept I married a MEAN MEAN woman and she wont let him get in the bed :( He is THE most affectionate dog I ever seen. Ridin in car in back seat every mile or so he puts his paw on my shoulder so I will pet him. Looks deter though...nobody wants to get close :idunno:

Back