• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

R. Hughes Muzzle Loading Shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephenprops1

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I was in a gun store today and found a 10 gauge, R. Hughes, side X side, percussion, muzzle loading shotgun for $350.00. I did a little research and discovered Hughes firearms were made in London and Birmingham, England from 1858 to 1900 when the company was bought by another outfit. The new company made guns under the name R. Hughes until 1912 and then they went out of business in 1925. The gun was in fair condition. The bore was OK and there was some rust and crude around the nipples and hammers. I was wondering if anybody knows anything more about R (Robert) Hughes firearms? --- I did not buy the gun.

Robert Hughes1855-1900 address 22 Moland Street Birmingham gun and pistol maker.1859-1872 moved to 100 Moland Street ..1873 -1900 Specialized in military and export arms adopted the name {Universal Fire Arms Works]
Feltwad

Robert Hughes1855-1900 address 22 Moland Street Birmingham gun and pistol maker.1859-1872 moved to 100 Moland Street ..1873 -1900 Specialized in military and export arms adopted the name {Universal Fire Arms Works]
Feltwad
Thanks for the additional information.

Back