• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Range Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a 'bag'...but for what it's worth I use two range boxes:
1 for .40/.45/.50 and 1 for .54/.58/.62
And a bench tray for convenience while shooting.

.40/.45/.50cal Range Box

090311MTMCase-GardRangeBoxOpen.jpg

021211RangeShootingTrayCropped.jpg

I use a simple fishing tackle box. Medium size. Holds most of what I need to shoot, and some stuff to repair and fix issues at the range. (my back yard)

A simple possibles bag for when I go into the forest.

The possibles bag has enough stuff in it to shoot a number of times and a couple of extras.

Howdy!

Might be a bit of a radical view but, I carry what I need to load, shoot, clean, and service my flintlock inside my shooting pouch, patchbox, and pack.

I always load from my pouch and horn, and clean with tow. I can pull a ball or attach a tow worm with the tools stored in my patchbox, and use fat-tallow to grease all iron parts to protect it from too much rust. A small turn screw is stored in my shooting pouch, as well as a ball bag and tin or greased cut patches.

Simeon

Cynthialee said:
I use a simple fishing tackle box. Medium size. Holds most of what I need to shoot, and some stuff to repair and fix issues at the range. (my back yard)

A simple possibles bag for when I go into the forest.

The possibles bag has enough stuff in it to shoot a number of times and a couple of extras.

Yup, same here. even with modern rifles/shotguns.

basic cleaning kit, screw drivers. allen wrenches. CLP of some sort.

when deer hunting, possables bag has nipple wrench. multi tool. patches/bullets. and equipment to reload rifle. pretty basic stuff.

Back