• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Rare Prestine Douglass barrel 50 cal T/C 700.00

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t recall the exact numbers, though I still have a few TCs in the 4k serial number range with no indication they were manufactured by Douglas. I do not know serial numbers or when Douglas made barrels for TC. I just remember they were early guns. Was not important at the time nor do I find it important today. After the fire it apparently wasn’t important or discoverable to TC either.
Lol I was asking the original poster my fault for that

I worked for T/C back in the late 1980’s. I worked in the repair department for Mike French. These stampings were never explained to me, and I assumed they were internal production stampings. Mike moved to Northern Maine last I heard, somewhere near Milo. He is probably the only person alive, if he is still alive, who could answer these questions.
We just never paid much attention. Now I am interested.

The cross is a inspectors mark. Indicates who checked out the barrel and gave it the go, cross spade M ect ect. Douglas did make barrels for them the first two yrs but never marked them, they were stamped tc like all the others. Sharon never made barrels for them, around 75 Douglas helped them set up there own mill to make barrels.
I agree with you 💯

Note to TC Tommy: Colt's 2nd Generation percussion revolvers were not "made" in Italy. Some parts for them were made in Italy but they were assembled, fitted, and finished in Hartford.
Yes Tanglefoot, you're right, that is true and I had forgot to put that in. If it was assembled over there it would need their proof marks to sell over here.
Its too bad TC had that fire. A lot of our questions could be answered.

Yes Tanglefoot, you're right, that is true and I had forgot to put that in. If it was assembled over there it would need their proof marks to sell over here.
Its too bad TC had that fire. A lot of our questions could be answered.
I know a guy who worked for tc and can answer those questions

I worked for T/C back in the late 1980’s. I worked in the repair department for Mike French. These stampings were never explained to me, and I assumed they were internal production stampings. Mike moved to Northern Maine last I heard, somewhere near Milo. He is probably the only person alive, if he is still alive, who could answer these questions.
We just never paid much attention. Now I am interested.
Did you work with deester?

Call Douglas barrels and ask for Stanley Taylor, he’s been there for awhile and could possibly shed some light on this.

well worth it .the sights are 200.00 never seen such high luster blue,ing then add the iron cross symbol. I shoot primitive and competition offhand and those sights arent allowed. A good light bench gun ect..Pedersoli gibbs rifle are 1500.00 ..this is better

well WHO put the iron cross on it?
It seems different T/C inspectors used various stamps, such as a heart, a spade, a Maltese cross, a capital M in a circle among others. Now if you are going to suggest that each stamp represents a different barrel manufacturer……. And then there is that pesky Warren Center interview around 1977.

The iron cross is there symbol
G R Douglas on the side of the barrel no other marks. The Iron cross or Maltese cross and others are marks from T/C's barrel makers in house. Deester Bees on T/C muzzleloading enthusiasts, on Facebook has a lot of info as he worked there. He is making drop in barrels for T/C's. His business is mountain mam musket Co.
Nit Wit

Attachments

• thumbnail_20230424_081819.jpg
    thumbnail_20230424_081819.jpg
    162 KB
Regardless of anything great gun, but bummer that 1st gen stock is cracked looks to be in great shape other than that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back