• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Rare Prestine Douglass barrel 50 cal T/C 700.00

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G R Douglas on the side of the barrel no other marks. The Iron cross or Maltese cross and others are marks from T/C's barrel makers in house. Deester Bees on T/C muzzleloading enthusiasts, on Facebook has a lot of info as he worked there. He is making drop in barrels for T/C's. His business is mountain mam musket Co.
Nit Wit
Is the rifle in the picture yours. Would be interested in how it shoots? From what I know of Douglas barrels the location of that makers stamp is a red flag.

Buy it and find out
Just trying to confirm or debunk things I was told about Douglas barrels which goes back over 40 years. I have owned several Douglas barrels over the years and still have one that has never been used and all have been very accurate. What I was told going back to the 70's is that unless there are 3 X's with the name then the barrel has runout and that flat should only be used as the top or bottom flat. I can confirm that the one I have does have run out on the flat with the makers stamp. Just trying to see if one set up like that one only shoots to one distance as I have been told.

Just trying to confirm or debunk things I was told about Douglas barrels which goes back over 40 years. I have owned several Douglas barrels over the years and still have one that has never been used and all have been very accurate. What I was told going back to the 70's is that unless there are 3 X's with the name then the barrel has runout and that flat should only be used as the top or bottom flat. I can confirm that the one I have does have run out on the flat with the makers stamp. Just trying to see if one set up like that one only shoots to one distance as I have been told.
its not a douglas barrel the cross is just a inspectors mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back