• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RCBS .530 RB Mould, or Mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Trap

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I found a new one on the shelf at the gun store and the Lyman handles won't fit. I looked on the RCBS web site and they don't even show this mould. Anybody have any experience with this patricular mould?

You can find RCBS handles on eBay. Just have to look. I think there are some on there right now. Good luck :thumbsup:

I have only a couple of Lyman molds, most of mine are Lee and I have handles for each of them. I think RCBS makes two size handles so you will need the large handles. Most likely the handles that you have are small handles and won'tfit the large .530 mold. Look around for some large RCBS handles for your mold.

Not that one, but I've got their .350 DC and a bunch of others for cartridge loading. All are topnotch. If they weren't so goshdarned expensive I'd use them exclusively rather than Lee's for RB casting. At least as well made as Lyman, and if you were into splitting hairs you might find reasons to like them even more.

Only RCBS RB mold I have is a 2-cavity .350 for my 36's. But if it holds true for the other RCBS RB molds, the reason only RCBS handles fit this mold is the slots that the handles slide into is smaller than those of all my other brands of molds. IOW, the thickness of the handles has to be thinner to fit in the slots. Handle jaw length is the other variable - why some brands offer large and small handles.

Picture is of some of my black poweder molds and handles I took a few years ago, with the approximate measurments of the mold block slots. Unfortuntely it was after I sold all of my molds/handles for modern cartridges (mostly Lyman but several other brands as well), or I would have had more numbers.

Anyway, maybe this will help...

bpmoulds.jpg

I've been using the lee 6 cavity handles on my lyman and tc mold block no problem. avoid eeekbays buy me now for these, midsouth shooters supply has them for much less !

Latest posts

Back