• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Real BP in New York State

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started having problems getting powder in about late 80's. San Antonio instituted a new fire code which caused all but one retailer to stop sales, & he went up to about $20/can to be able to afford the mandated magazine. That's when I started getting it in bulk lots.

Can't lay my hands on the specific issue of Muzzle Blasts now, but seems the NMLRA requested clarification on the Terrorist Act rumors, & found that it did not affect us BP shooters; my supplier confirmed that. Howsomever, knowing the propensities for beaurocracies to "what if" everything, I can see citizens getting the shaft from overzealous "protectors of the common good".

Incidentally,not touched on, one of our biggest concerns now is the UN fire code, which only allows one pound of black powder in possesion of private individuals. As usual, the UN one-worlders are insisting everyone adopt this code, & I hear rumors some eastern cities have done so. This is a perfect example of back door restrictions, 'cause how many people read the fine print on all the municipal codes proposed? Keep your eyes peeled on this 'un.

Sheesh, only one pound of powder in UN homes? No wonder we keep having to bail their butts outs with ammo drops.

Latest posts

Back