• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rear sight problem

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

54deland

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Took my Seneca to the range this morning. I'm having a problem with the windage adjustment screw; it turns 1/4 turn in both directions, but no more. Don't want to force it, so I soaked it in oil hoping I can get it to adjust properly. No rust that I can see......am I missing something? Any ideas? Wonder if a return trip to T/C would help? Will they make repairs to a sight on rifle that they no longer make?

I do not have a Seneca,
But some older TC adjustable sights have a small "C"ring keeper on that horizontal adjustable screw opposite the screw head.
The keeper allows the screw to move the sight plain, if it's gone the screw will try to turn itself out and you'll feel resistance.

It's a common hardware store item.

I'll pull it out of the safe and take a look. Dont't know how old the rifle is, but the barrel doesn't have Seneca on it; no black powder only warning either. I'll look at my Hawken and Renegade sights too.......thanks for the info.. :grin:

I had a Cherokee years ago with the loosey goosey windage adjustment. My solution was to reach up there and touch it before touching off. In other words I never fixed it.

I figured it out. :thumbsup: There is a tiny set screw in front of the sight. The only way to get to it is to take out the elevation screw and swing the sight up. I wonder why they designed it that way? Oh well I backed it out a half turn and the windage adjustment works great. :grin:

Back