• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

recommend a flint pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brain

36 Cal.
Reaction score
sorta looking for a flint pistol.
has to ''look'' good next to a hawken style rifle.
hopfully be a .50, to keep things simple with the rifle.
first BP pistol so i'd like an assembled gun.
anything out that there that fits this?

traditions trapper in a rocklock config would fit the bill. fairly good price, double set triggers and pretty accurate.

The lyman plains might come in rocklock as well, but has a totally different profile.

Brett

When you say Hawken style rifle, do you mean a rifle that looks like a real Hawken or just a half stock plains type like a T/C "Hawken" or a Lyman GPR? If the former, it narrows your options some, but if the latter, most any single shot will do--and you will save some money, too.

it's a T/C ''hawkens''.
but it's quickly losing the T/C part. when all is said and done the only thing t/c will be the trigger group.

Dixie has a flintlock Kentucky in .50 cal. by Pedersoli. I wish Lyman would come out with a flinter in their Great Plains Pistol. I've only seen them in percussion.

Back