• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

renegade first blood

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhamilt

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I took my renegade 50 cal out hunting for the first time today, had a nice 4 point come out about 30 mins before dark. i got a glimpse of his tail as he came out of the swamp, but because of some brush could only wait until he fed up into a clear shooting lane. he finally stopped, and i had a clear shot. the bullet went in the top of his shoulder and took out the backbone. DRT dead right there. while i cannot comment on the projectile i was using today, i will soon be using round balls, i just need a little more range time with them to be comfortable shooting them at game. more updates to follow as i get more range time, and hopefully my next post will be a prb kill. I will say that i was using 80 grns of pyrodex rs as the powder. sry no pics but didnt have the camera with me and the one on my phone has scratches on the lens so they come out very blurry

Congratulations on gathering some venison! Sounds like you made a good shot and a quick kill.

I'm glad you scored and ended up with a clean kill with the spine being hit like that.
Clean that smokepole well and go try another.

that's the way to wait it out for a good shot ....it's worth the wait DRT beats a long bloodless track.

CHEERS! :hatsoff:

sorry, didnt have the camera with me, im going again tomorrow, will see if i can get something to take some pics with

... i can only say todays hunt was a disaster, murphy was stabbing me in the back at every turn, but theres always tomorrow. working in the am and going to try to make a afternoon hunt soon as i get off

Back