• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Renegade flintlock options

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattyB

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Based on some recomendations from the members here, I am having my T/C Renegade re-bored to .58 and converted to a flintlock by Bob Hoyt. The trouble is, ToW has had the replacement L&R lock listed as accepting orders for quite a while now. It is also my understanding that T/C won't just sell me a replacement lock. Are there any other options, or am I at the mercy of Track of the Backorder? I would call T/C, but I'm deployed right now and my phone time is rare, I'm trying to use it to call home when I'm able. Thanks for any help.

I have purchased parts from T/C...I am pretty sure that they WILL sell you that lock. They also DO have an email address on their website.
IF you would like help contacting them PM me and I would be willing to assist.

I called T/C in the not to distant past about a lock assembly for my Renegade in flint and they quoted a price of $124.95 if I remember correctly.

In what way is the L&R lock better? Not that it really matters, it's less than $25 difference; I'm just wondering how it's a better lock than the T/C.

I contacted L&R and a guy got back with me today. I may be set now for the L&R.

contact L&R directly, i changed the one on my gpr and had it in 2 days. cost was the same

Don't really have anything to add about your Renegade project but thought I would just give a shout out to a fellow Ft Bragg Soldier. I'm in Korea right now but will be back at Bragg in Jan. I have a 20 gauge barrel for my Renegade waiting for me to get home and build up. :thumbsup: Chris

August,
I'm deployed until late summer anyway. Once you get back, give me a shout if you need a place to shoot/hunt. I have a range on my property 50min. from post, and if you want to use that 20ga barrel on some turkeys, I have tons of them.
I think I am going to go with the L&R lock. Thanks for all the advice.

Sounds good, I have some pretty good hunting and fishing spots on the fort and Camp Mckall and I'm always looking for more. When I get back I'll give you a holler. Chris

I dropped a nice buck on the Bragg reservation, while I was a member of the Rod & Gun club there in 65-66 - and rabbits were everywhere !

Good hunting when you get back, fellas - and thanks for your service.

I have two identical TC Hawken rifles in 50 cal. The one exception is on has the L&R replacement lock. The other the stock TC lock. There isn’t a nickels worth of difference in the two. If anything the L&R lock is slower. I was told by some forum members the L&R was better so I tried it.

Thank you, and if you ever get back down this way give a shout out, we'll take the We-no-nah out and catch some bass or chase some bushy tails.

Picture099.jpg

This may not be the proper place to say this but I will say it anyway. For all of you that are serving active duty in any branch of the military, This old vetran appreciates your service to our country. It is YOU who keep our country free. I salute you.

I'll surely second this and Dang Right! My Daughter has 3 years in just now and has been in Iraq (but only once so far).
Yup, she goofed and followed her old man in after he retired. :youcrazy: :shake:
Mike

Latest posts

Back