• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Renegade Round Ball question.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
To keep this topic on track id ask that you keep the conversation to the rifle and caliber im seeking advice and experience on . Ok i have a renegade flintlock in 54 and it refuses to shoot less than 6 inches at 50 yards benched. Nothing is wrong with me, the gun or my bench set up. My question for those who have real life experience with a 54 renegade using RBs In your personal experience have you had great success shooting RBs out of this gun and if so can you share your "consistant ,repeatable" results. I realize these are 1:48 twist and is suppose to be a happy medium twist rate but Im not seeing it.......thanks

How much powder and what kind? My .54 Renegade likes 70 grs of 2F with a .530 ball and a .018 cotton patch with mink oil lube. Most of my fast twist shoot round ball with lighter loads.

Latest posts

Back