• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replacement Barrel Question (GPR)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhwestfall

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I gave up on a 1 in 32" fast twist barrel (for now) and got a replacement 1 in 60" (factory) for my flintlock GPH now a GPR - same caliber. Question: The new barrel came with a new tang - is it necessary to switch this out?

Thoughts please. :confused:

I dont think you would have to change it.See how the new barrell fits in the old tang.Should be the same.

I'm trying to eliminate mystery of just spraying PRB's. No consistency. Probably more me than the barrel, but I wanted to explore a slower twist. Rumors say too much twist just isn't friendly to a PRB, and I like shooting them. They are cheap and simple.

When I bought my flint GPR barrel to convert my percussion version, the flint barrel fit in the original tang just fine. (the lock didn't, but that's another post)

When I got my GPR flinter , I also got both barrels , they are interchangeable , the other tang can be your spare one .
sundowner

Back