• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replacement sights for CVA frontier?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daven

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the sights on a CVA frontier, 28-inch barrel? Just got one and my 50+ eyes could use some help. Any recommendations for sights? If you've replaced them, how big a job is this? Thanks.

I have a CVA Frontier that I have replaced the sights on twice. Mine is a 24" barrel with regular dovetailed sights. Easy to change.

When I first bought it used, the original sights were all banged up and the front blade was bent.
I found a set of fiber optic Williams sights at one of the big sporting goods stores. Kinda complicated to install and adjust compared to the originals. They were easy to see but they were the biggest waste of $ I ever spent on sights. The front one just refused to stay put where I put it! Besides that they just didn't seem right being all plastic and glowy...
If you want 'em send me a PT.

Recently I replaced those with a different set of newer CVA fixed sights that were not banged up. The front blade on these is a little thicker and the rear sight is more basic. I like this set much better.

if you want to replace your front site or your back site if thy are mounted to the barrel by an and under cut in the barrel top ,so it slide of the barre from side to side than the replacement has to be mounted the same way as the one you replace.and thy do sell sites with that wedge effect hope this helps ;;HF

Back