• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replacement trigger guard for Traditions Kentucky Pistol?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomeDude

32 Cal
Reaction score
Well, I screwed up and broke the trigger guard. You guessed it, I tried to bend it. It broke in such a way I can still use it, but it sure looks crummy.

I'm wondering where I can buy a replacement for it? I found one site with Google but it only lists the Kentucky Rifle trigger guard, and I'm not sure if they're interchangeable.

Probably not gonna worry about it for a while since I've already sunk a lot of cash into this, but wondering for future reference.

Call Traditions.

Good idea, I shot them an email but I guess a phone calls would probably get faster results.

Deer Creek lists a trigger guard for the 45 CVA Kentucky pistol. There's not enough difference between a CVA and a Traditions product to be of any concern.

KY Pistol 45 cal Trigger Guard - P177 (deercreekproducts.net)

Oh nice I that one and was wondering if that would be the case.

This one came with the front hole not being flush with the hole in the trigger assembly.

This one came with the front hole not being flush with the hole in the trigger assembly.
Yeah, that happens with those spanish guns, mass produced cast parts, machine inletting, quick assembly,,
So what ya do is grind/file the extra metal down to the wood to fit, (in-out, in-out, keep checking till it's there) then sand and polish the whole thing to bright-n-shiney,,
,, it's bothersome,, but that's what it takes to finish what they didn't,, ;)

Yeah, that happens with those spanish guns, mass produced cast parts, machine inletting, quick assembly,,
So what ya do is grind/file the extra metal down to the wood to fit, (in-out, in-out, keep checking till it's there) then sand and polish the whole thing to bright-n-shiney,,
,, it's bothersome,, but that's what it takes to finish what they didn't,, ;)

Yeah the unfortunate part is that I expanded the inlet on the wood before realizing the front end of the guard was supposed to fasten into the trigger guard with a machine screw.

Then I noticed that hole wasn't even flush with the front hole of the guard, so I had to bend it back a little for the hole, and so then there was a gap between the front of the guard and the edge of the inlet.

I stupidly decided, "Well I'll just bend it forward until it can just screw into the wood and expand the inlet to fit," when I snapped the foot of the guard where the screw hole is.

Luckily it snapped right on the middle of the hole, so the screw still fastens it down by basically catching the other half of the hole that's still left. I wedged the other half back in beside it and the friction of the stock holds it in place, but I'm not happy with leaving it like that.

IMG_20210511_100852794.jpg

If you’ll notice, it also says ‘sold out’.

Track of the Wolf lists all kinds that can be made to work with minimal effort.

Yeah this was more of a in-the-near future job since the trigger guard now is still functional, just ugly.

Back