• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replacement Trigger Guard?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The TG on my Jack Garner Virginia rifle is almost impossible for my stubby little fingers to grip well. Any suggestions on an appropriate replacement?

I would contact Jack and see what he recommends and if he cannot supply it, who can.

TC

Jack Garner is retired, God bless him.

Two optiions come to mind.

1. reshape the guard that you have, it's brass and can be bent or pounded into a different shape. This way you could use the same inlets/screw/pin holes.

Since Jack probably used commercially available parts for your gun I would get my hands on a Track of the Wolf catalog with its full size pictures of gun furniture and start comparing your guard with others with the shape you desire that have the same or near the same foot print.

I thought Garner still sold parts and ran one of the two - often confused - TVM companies? But if I can find a guard with same "footprint, but friendlier configuration, that would be great. The Southern Mountain and Hawken TGs are real comfortable for me.
laffindog said:
Jack Garner is retired, God bless him.

Two optiions come to mind.

1. reshape the guard that you have, it's brass and can be bent or pounded into a different shape. This way you could use the same inlets/screw/pin holes.

Since Jack probably used commercially available parts for your gun I would get my hands on a Track of the Wolf catalog with its full size pictures of gun furniture and start comparing your guard with others with the shape you desire that have the same or near the same foot print.

I am not sure which guard you have, but Jack did use a guard that was a copy of Hershal House's trigger guard which has a long trigger bow. I would look at using the finals of the guard and modify the bow or modify/replace the grip rail to get the configuration that is comfortable. Earlier, I used the front final and bow from a Bivins guard and grip rail and rear final from Jack's guard to make one I wanted before I started making the whole thing from scratch. You can attach parts from different guards together by using a pin and then braze or silver soldering them together to get the desired results you are looking for. Hope this will be of help.
Roger Sells

Back