• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replica Colt 31 Caliber Pocket Model with Long Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought this Palmetto Pocket Model with 6 inch barrel a few years ago and just got around to shooting it. I don't know if it is from a kit or not. I had been wanting a long barrel .31 Pocket Model and this one is in good shape. Fired about 25 rounds yesterday with no problems or cap jams. Mainspring is stiffer than on recent replicas, but trigger pull is light and sights are good on windage. Target was about seven yards freehand. No markings as to maker, serial number or year of manufacture but Dixie was selling them in the 1980s and the parts are identical to a palmetto I have from back then. As I recall the quality of Palmetto guns varied greatly, but this one is better than most. I didn't chronograph the load which was round ball and 12 grains of Goex 3f, but it seemed to hit harder than the same load out of the shorter 4 inch barrel guns.
ABC_0870.JPG

If you could, what's the chamber and bore diameters on yours?
I have one with chambers and bore of the same diameter. Have the reamer in the box to fix the chambers but just haven't gotten around to it. Been working too much since retiring.

If you could, what's the chamber and bore diameters on yours?
I have one with chambers and bore of the same diameter. Have the reamer in the box to fix the chambers but just haven't gotten around to it. Been working too much since retiring.
Near as I can measure chambers are .319 and bore .315. The cast round ball I use is .322 and it shaves a small ring on loading.

Back