• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Restoration of a French 1786 musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyron4

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Came across this video of a restoration of a 1786 French musket . It's more of a deep clean/repair. There is NO talking, NO music, NO bs in this video; in fact it may put you to sleep with the white noise of a shop and the sounds of spraying oil and screwdrivers. Whoever this is they are very skilled at the craft of restoration , and I find these videos to be very interesting. Enjoy.

Pretty cool video. I did notice that when he pulled the barrel the underside was not anywhere near as rusted as the top. I know a lot of guys say to pull the barrel and wax/oil it to prevent rust. Others say not needed and I think that's pretty correct based on this example. Just my thoughts. Thanks for posting.

Pretty cool video. I did notice that when he pulled the barrel the underside was not anywhere near as rusted as the top. I know a lot of guys say to pull the barrel and wax/oil it to prevent rust. Others say not needed and I think that's pretty correct based on this example. Just my thoughts. Thanks for posting.
I thought the same thing, wonder what the back story is on this musket .

Back